How do you serve divorce papers when the one being served is in hiding?

My son has a 4 year old son and now a new baby (not sure if it is his). He hasn’t seen his son for over a month because his wife went into hiding. He is trying to serve her divorce papers and to establish temporary visitation. There is a status conference in 3 days, however, she has yet to be served due to not knowing her whereabouts. What can he do?

Related Blogs

    This entry was posted in family solicitor and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

    4 Responses to How do you serve divorce papers when the one being served is in hiding?

    1. George McCasland says:

      First, determine if in his state, if she is hiding from being served, if he can than serve her by newspaper notice, than send a copy of the paper to her family with the notice circle with a hi lighter pen.

      He needs to be keeping a daily journal on all his activities and his efforts to find her. The reason for including his daily activities is in case she later makes a false allegation against him. He also needs to create a chronological statement and hire an attorney, which need not cost a lot if he prepares and takes the time to interview several before hiring one. This manual will teach him what he needs to know, begin with the "Getting Started" section.

      To learn a father’s rights, join Dads House Educational Center in Yahoo Groups. It’s free to join and access all materials. You also associate with other fathers going through, and have already gone through, the same issues. We have an Educational Manual that teaches everything that needs to be known in addressing your legal issues. Mention your question here when asked why you want to join, as well as your state?

    2. Lasheequa says:

      Usually lawyers have pi’s to locate them

    3. snick says:

      He needs to get a good attorney.

    4. McKale says:

      Hire a good attorney…NOW

    Leave a Reply