How do I get a divorce from overseas when my wife is in the USA ?

We are both American, and got married in Maryland. Been separated for 8 years and I currently live in Ecuador. She now lives in Virginia. I want to know the fastest – cheapest way to do this as an uncontested divorce.

Related Blogs

This entry was posted in family solicitor and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to How do I get a divorce from overseas when my wife is in the USA ?

  1. Rudy says:

    As long as the divorce is uncontested, this site is the best way to get your divorce done quickly, cheaply, and efficiently. It walks you through the whole process.

  2. ok with me says:

    get a lawyer and let them handle it,
    if she agrees which i think she will it will all be over in no time.

  3. Candy B says:

    i thought a year ago you were with your wife complaining about your inlaws?

  4. lorisam7879 says:

    The easiest way is for her to file the uncontested divorce here in the states. If you attempt to file in Ecuador, the US may or may not accept the divorce decree.
    If its uncontested she can do it herself, I used a document prep service. They’ll prepare the docs, then she’ll file them and serve you. You’ll sign them, return them to the court and wait for the final divorce decree.

Leave a Reply