How can I avoid submitting certain medical records and not compromise my mva personal injury claim?

In California, I’ve filed a personal injury auto accident claim and need to release my medical records to the insurance company. I’m only claiming physical injury, not psychological/emotional but the doctor who is treating me for pain with alternative treatments such as biofeedback is also my therapist. His notes from our appoinments contain co-mingled info and I don’t want to submit my personal mental health information. His physical pain treatments are important to my case and I’d like to know if there is a way around this?

Related Blogs

This entry was posted in family solicitor and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to How can I avoid submitting certain medical records and not compromise my mva personal injury claim?

  1. UwishUknewMyName says:

    Considering you’ve asked this question at least twice now, sounds like there is something you are trying to hide.

    So what if you are mentally disturbed. If that is not related to the injuries you sustained in the accident, the insurance company is not going to care what those records state.

  2. Kizzy says:

    You were injured physically, your mental status should have no bearing unless it deters you from driving. If they won’t settle the claim without them…you have a heavy decision to make

  3. missdotn says:

    Psychological notes are never included when your medical records released, unless of course your therapist truly believes you are going to vitally harm yourself or another person. The office staff knows the laws about privacy and the large fines they’ll receive if they break these laws.

    I just completed the required Medical Insurance & Billing course for my MA program so if you want I can look up the direct quote for you.

  4. Howard L says:

    I smell something fishy here when you say alternative treatments and your doctor is also your therapist. I’m not sure but I think the insurance companies will only pay for medically approved treatment and only from a licensed practitioner. It sounds as if you fail on both counts.

Leave a Reply