The branch of law that deals with and handles family-related cases and domestic disputes is family law. Family law cases usually involve the nature of the union of two people, the termination of a union, or the issues that arise during a union. Common types of family law cases are:
• Property Division
• Child Custody
• Child Support
• DYFS Representation
Family Law Cases
The types of family law cases, the possible outcomes, and what constitutes a family law case varies from state to state. You will want to retain a family law lawyer who is experienced and knowledgeable in the state laws for the state in which you are conducting your family law case. Your lawyer will be able to guide you through the specific laws of the state and advise you on the possible outcomes and the suggested actions you should take for your family law case.
There are four typical types of family law cases that you may find yourself going through the legal process for:
• The nature of your union: This involves the nature of your marriage, your civil union, or your domestic partnership
• Marriage issues that arise during your union: This involves matters such as spousal abuse, child abduction, child abuse, legitimacy of the children, surrogacy, adoption, dependancy, child neglect
• The termination of your union: This involves divorce, separation, and annulment
• The issues that arise with the termination of the union: This involves child support, parental responsibility, visitation rights, custody of the children, alimony, division of assets, and property settlements
Why You Need a Family Law Lawyer
Family law cases cause great stress and anxiety to all the parties involved. There are many aspects of each type of case that need attention and certain actions need to be taken in order to get the outcome you are hoping for. Sometimes, there are time sensitive papers that must be signed or actions that need to be taken. With the stress and anxiety of a family law case along with trying to work, comfort children, and keep the home life somewhat stable, it can be difficult to remember to do these time sensitive tasks. Also, you may not know what your options are and what rights you have.
By retaining a family law lawyer, you can have comfort in knowing that someone is on your side and has your best interests in mind. Your lawyer will keep your legal documentation in order and help you remember the important time sensitive tasks that must be done. Your family law lawyer will inform you of your rights and give you expert advise so you can get the outcome you desire.
For more information about family law and the types of family law cases, please visit the New Jersey family law website of the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone, P.C.
- Divorce and Achievements of the Health Insurance
- Japan Condemned for Child Abduction & Denial of Access by US House of Representatives | IAPCR
- Military Attack on Iran: A Combination of Ignorance and Naivety « niacINsight
- The particular Points You Choose to Think about Using a Divorce proceeding Legal professional | Best Divorce Lawyers
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Moran to Mobilize Congress on Child Abduction to Japan Measure | Bring Abducted Children Home (BACHome)