If unsure whether or not to divorce, but spouse is unwilling to try marriage counseling or personal counseling what is a person to do? If spouse has mental problem but will not get help, should the other spouse remain in the marriage?

Related Blogs

This entry was posted in family solicitor and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Divorce???

  1. JonnyL says:

    Try a pastor at a local church. Many times they may come to visit you at your house. The spouse may be more receptive to a pastor rather than a "shrink" or "counselor". That way, the pastor is visiting both, not just the one.

  2. blueberry says:

    no if he doesn’t want to get better leave

  3. littlemexie says:

    counseling on all matters

  4. crazy8eddie says:

    Even if he won’t go, you should see a counselor, but not necessarily a marriage counselor. The counselor can help you decide if there is anything you can do about this. If not, then you know you tried, and can seek a divorce with clear conscience. Your decision should be based on your best prospects for long term happiness versus short term pain. Luck.

  5. *Sunshine* says:

    If they are unwilling to put effort fourth to help save the marriage there is no there option then to file.

    If they have a mental issue and are also electively not seeking help for it the other spouse has a right to end the marriage because something is lacking…

    Hope we all help you and sorry for your situation.

  6. Joe P says:

    I gave my spouse a time limit she did not meet it so we divorced.

  7. box of rain says:

    If you married him, then you probably have mental issues as well.

    Go to counseling for yourself.

Leave a Reply